Office and Business Properties
Office building and business properties often require modification due to change of use or a mandated retrofit to meet current seismic codes, etc. A main concern of these property owners is to ensure that the repairs cause least disruption of service to employees and customers that use those facilities. Our engineered Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) solutions offer fast, long-lasting and economical repair alternatives to owners, architect/engineers and contractors to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and with minimum disruption of service. It is, for example, possible to perform the repairs only in evenings and weekends when the office employees are away. We can also partition sections of a larger office for repair to minimize dust and noise during the repair while employees continue their routine work schedule in adjacent sections and the business remains open to customers.
Some of the repair and strengthening projects on offices and business properties that can benefit from QuakeWrap® engineered FRP solutions are:
- Strengthening of floors, beams, columns and walls as a result of change of use in existing buildings, e.g. converting a floor to a storage area for heavy filing cabinets
- Seismic strengthening of concrete and masonry buildings to render these structures more resilient
- Repair of corrosion damaged columns, floors, stairways, etc. in parking garages, etc. with PileMedic®
- Strengthening of roof beams (both concrete and glulam) for increased load capacity, e.g. when new air handling units are installed
- Strengthening of glulam beams or concrete floors damaged by fire and quick return to service to minimize business interruption losses
- Repair of underground utility tunnels that are damaged by corrosion
In most cases, QuakeWrap engineers can provide a complete “turnkey” design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by one of our approved and certified installers. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project. In particular, for businesses, the fast repair with FRP ensures quick return to service and minimizes business interruption losses.
QuakeWrap® also welcomes the opportunity to partner with owners, architects, engineers and contractors by providing any single aspect of the project, i.e., design, materials, or installation for a specific project.