State, county and municipal DOTs often have a significant inventory of smaller bridges. Their limited budget often makes it challenging to maintain all their structures. This is where QuakeWrap’s Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) products can offer an economical solution to many repair projects. Whether it is for corrosion repair, increased live load capacity, or seismic upgrade, FRP offers fast, economical and long lasting solutions compared to conventional repairs with steel and concrete.
Our engineered FRP solutions ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and with minimum disruption of service. In some cases, we have trained the DOT employees so they can maintain their bridges when their workload is light to allow such tasks. QuakeWrap® FRP systems have been extensively tested by several state departments of transportation and their effectiveness has been well documented.
Some of the repair and strengthening projects in state, county and municipal DOTs that can benefit from QuakeWrap® engineered FRP solutions are:
- Repair and strengthening of corrosion damaged concrete decks, beams and girders for both flexure and shear
- Repair and strengthening of corrosion damaged concrete or steel columns and piling using the PileMedic® system
- Repair and strengthening of rotted timber piles in river beds with PileMedic® while keeping the cross sectional size of the pile virtually unchanged
- Repair and strengthening of corroded corrugated metal pipe (CMP) culverts busing StifPipe®
- Strengthening rectangular culverts with wet layup FRP to increase their live load capacity
- Repair of structural components such as columns and girders that are damaged in a vehicular accident
- Strengthening of floor decks, beams and columns for larger live loads and increased rating of the bridge
- Seismic strengthening of bridges for enhanced resiliency in case a major earthquake occurs
- Strengthening of corrosion-damaged submerged piles and pier walls with PileMedic®
- Repair of existing and construction of new pipelines that carry water or other fluids across a bridge using the InfinitPipe® technology
- Repair of corrosion-damaged abutments, seawalls, sheet piles, etc. with SPiRe® system
In most cases, QuakeWrap engineers can provide a complete “turnkey” design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by one of our approved and certified installers or our construction company. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project.
QuakeWrap® also welcomes the opportunity to partner with owners, architects, engineers and contractors by providing any single aspect of the project, i.e., design, materials, or installation for a specific project in any bridge project.