Airports whether large or small have a variety of structures that require maintenance and strengthening. Many of these facilities were constructed decades ago and have reached or exceeded their original service life. QuakeWrap’s Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) products can offer an economical solution to many such repair projects. These repairs can be performed in much shorter time compared to conventional repairs using steel and concrete. Our engineered FRP solutions ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and with minimum disruption of service to the traveling public.
Some of the repair and strengthening projects in airports that can benefit from QuakeWrap® engineered FRP solutions are:
- Repair and strengthening of beams, columns and floors in office buildings and terminals
- Seismic strengthening of office buildings, passenger terminals and control towers for enhanced resiliency in case a major earthquake occurs
- Repair and strengthening of corroded corrugated metal pipe (CMP) culverts under runways busing StifPipe®
- Strengthening rectangular culverts under runways with wet layup FRP to increase their live load capacity
- Strengthening of floor slabs, beams and columns for increased live loads
- Repair and strengthening of corrosion-damaged submerged piles, pier walls, sheet piles, etc. with PileMedic® and SPiRe® systems
In most cases, QuakeWrap engineers can provide a complete “turnkey” design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by one of our approved and certified installers or our construction company. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project.
QuakeWrap® also welcomes the opportunity to partner with owners, architects, engineers and contractors by providing any single aspect of the project, i.e., design, materials, or installation for a specific project in any bridge project.