Marine Structures (Marinas/Docks/Piers/Jetties)
Population centers are mostly distributed along coastal regions and riverfronts. These result in numerous marinas, docks, piers and jetties that are used for pleasure or commerce. Marine structures offer unique challenges because they are exposed to water, dry-wet cycles that follow tides, the ocean salt spray, combined with potentially high temperatures. This combination provides the most favorable conditions for structures to corrode. As a result, the piles and seawalls or sheet piles that are fully or partially submerged in water corrode rapidly.
Our engineered Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) solutions offer fast, long-lasting and economical repair alternatives to owners, architect/engineers and contractors to ensure the renovation of marine structures are completed on time, within budget and with minimum disruption of business and the users of these facilities. QuakeWrap® patented PileMedic® system is the only pile renovation system that allows strengthening of a deteriorated pile to levels beyond the original capacity of the pile. The performance of this unique product has been proven through extensive government-funded research studies, including: California Department of Transportation or Caltrans (for concrete piles), Texas Dept. of Transportation (for steel H piles), and Nebraska Department of Roads (for timber piles). Our patented SPiRe® system offers a great solution for repair of seawalls and sheet piles.
Some of the repair and strengthening solutions for marine structures including marinas, docks, piers, jetties, seawalls and sheet piles offered by QuakeWrap® engineered FRP solutions are:
- Strengthening of corroded steel, concrete or timber piles that area submerged in water using our patented PileMedic® technology
- Repair of corrosion-damaged concrete decks in piers and jetties
- Repair of corroded concrete beams below the deck using our patented stay-in-place form that offers a fast and long-lasting solution
- Repair of corrosion-damaged seawalls and sheet piles with our patented SPiRe® system
- Seismic retrofit of the facility and buildings for compliance with modern earthquake codes and to ensure resiliency of these facilities in the event of a major earthquake
- Blast retrofit or mitigation and force protection of the marine structures against terrorist attacks
In most cases, QuakeWrap engineers can provide a complete “turnkey” design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by one of our approved and certified installers. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project.
QuakeWrap® also welcomes the opportunity to partner with owners, architects, engineers and contractors by providing any single aspect of the project, i.e., design, materials, or installation for a specific project.